Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
Massage is one of the services offered at our clinic and may help with the following:
- Increased blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Decreased muscular tension
- Increased joint range of motion
- Decreased pain
- Mental relaxation and emotional well being
Common Styles of Massage
- Light to medium pressure
- Gliding, flowing strokes
- Helps apply lotion/oil, assess muscular tension, soothe tissues, and transition to another area
- Deep Tissue
- Medium to deep pressure
- Deeper layers of muscle are accessed with slow, sinking strokes or compression
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Trigger points are specific points of tenderness/pain in muscles tissue that often refer sensation to a surrounding area
- Points are specifically isolated to release tension and discomfort
Massage and Chiropractic Adjustments
Massage before seeing a chiropractor can relax tight muscles around joints needing adjustment. Following an adjustment, soft tissue work can help maintain the improved alignment of the structures.
Massage and Physical Therapy
Your PT or PTA may include soft tissue work similar to what you’d receive from a massage therapist during a rehab session. Massage and stretching can help to release tight muscles in order to allow them to be more effectively strengthened. Strong muscles help stabilize joints and help limbs move more freely and with less pain.
There are many reasons to include massage in your self-care routine. Call us to schedule a chiropractic adjustment, massage, or physical therapy session or consult. Thanks for reading!